Sunday, June 28, 2026

 Farewell Grade 1 Families – Have a Wonderful Summer!

As we reach the end of another amazing school year (even though it was interrupted with a teacher strike), I want to take a moment to thank all of our Grade 1 families for your support, encouragement, and partnership throughout the year.

It is hard to believe how much our students have grown since September! Over the course of the year, we explored our Alberta curriculum through reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, art, physical education, and outdoor learning experiences. Together, we learned to read and write with greater confidence, solve increasingly challenging math problems, think critically, ask questions, and share our ideas with others.

One of the greatest joys of being a Grade 1 teacher is watching students discover their strengths and develop confidence in themselves as learners. This year, I have had the privilege of seeing tremendous growth in every student—not only academically, but also socially and emotionally. I have watched students become more independent, resilient, kind, and thoughtful members of our classroom community.

To my wonderful students: thank you for your curiosity, enthusiasm, laughter, and hard work. I have loved being your teacher and watching you learn and grow each day. Whether we were reading stories together, solving math problems, exploring nature in the learning grounds, creating art, or celebrating classroom successes, every day brought something special. I am so proud of all that you have accomplished this year.

To our families: thank you for trusting me with your children and for supporting their learning journey. Your encouragement at home has made a tremendous difference, and I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked alongside you this year.

As summer begins, I encourage everyone to keep learning through everyday experiences. Read books together, write stories and journals, play games, explore outdoors, visit the library, ask questions, and most importantly, make wonderful memories with family and friends.

I wish each of you a safe, relaxing, and joyful summer break. I know our Grade 1 students are ready for the adventures and learning that await them in Grade 2 in the fall.

Thank you for a truly memorable year. It has been an honour and a pleasure to be part of your child's Grade 1 journey.

Have a fantastic summer!

Lots of Love Ms. Craik

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Farewell Grade 1 Families – Have a Wonderful Summer! As we reach the end of another amazing school year (even though it was interrupted wi...